SS3 Food and Nutrition Scheme of Work for Second Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Revision/ beverages – definitions of beverages.
(b) Identify types of beverages; alcoholic and non- alcoholic.
(c) Nutritive value of beverages.
2. (A) nourishing drinks.
(b) Stimulating drinks.
3. Practical on beverages.
4. Special diet.
– Definition of the term. – Types of vegetarians.
– Invalids and convalescent diets.
– Overweight and underweight.
– Diets for fever and infections.
5. Experimental cookery –
(a) Collection of information on recipes.
(b) Creation of new recipes.
6. Test interpretation and cooking assignment.