SS2 Further Mathematics Scheme of Work for Second Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Differentiation: Limits of Function and First Principle, Differentiation of Polynomial
2. Differentiation (Continued): Rules of Differentiation
3. Differentiation of Transcendents: Derivative of Trigonometric Functions and Exponential Functions.
4. Application of Differentiation: Rate of Change, Equation of Motion, Maximum and Minimum Points and Values of Functions.
5. Conic Sections: Equation of Circles, General Equation of Circles, Finding Centre and Radius, Equation and Length of Tangents to a Circle.
6. Conic Sections: The Parabola, Hyperbola and Ellipse
7. Review of First Half Term
8. Statistics Probability: Sample Space, Event Space, Combination of Events, Independents and Dependent Events.
9. Permutation and Combination
10. Dynamics: Newton’s Laws of Motion
11. Work, Energy, Power, Impulse and Momentum
12. Revision and Examination.
Further Mathematics Project 2 and 3.