JSS1 Mathematics Scheme of Work for Third Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
2. Simple Equation
3. Geometry- Plane Shapes: (a) Types of plane shapes and their properties
(b) similarities and differences between the following: Square, rectangle, triangle, trapezium, parallelogram and circle
4. (a) Perimeter of regular polygon, square, rectangle, triangle, trapezium, parallelogram and circle. (b) Area of regular plane shapes such as squares, rectangles, parallelograms, etc
5. Three Dimensional Shapes: (a) Identification of three dimensional or 3 D-Shapes
(b) Basic properties of cubes and cuboids (c) Basic properties of cylinders and spheres (d) volume of cubes and cuboids.
6. Angles: Identification and properties of angles (a) vertically opposite angles
(b) adjacent angles (c) alternate angles (d) corresponding angles
7. Angles (Cont’d): Theorems: (a) sum of angles on a straight line (b) supplementary angles (c) complementary angles (d) sum of angles in a triangle
8. Construction: (a) construction of parallel and perpendicular lines (b) bisection of a given line segment (c) construction of angles 90o and 60o.
9. Statistics I: (a) Meaning, purpose and usefulness of data (b) data collection, sources and importance (c) presentation and analysis of data frequency distribution
10. Graphical presentation of data: the use of pictogram, bar-chart, pie chart and histogram
11. Statistics II: Measure of Average(a) the arithmetic mean (b) the median (c) the mode
12. Revision and Examination
- New General Mathematics, Junior Secondary School Book 1
- Essential Mathematics for Junior Secondary School Book 1