JSS1 Business Studies Scheme of Work for First, Second and Third Term: These lesson notes cover the following topics.
Introduction to Business Studies
2 The Office
3-4 Different Departments in an Organization
5 Introduction to Office Equipment
6 Clerical Staff
8 Introduction to Commerce: Trade
9 Aids to Trade
10. Division of Commerce: Direct and Indirect Service
1. Production – Meaning of Production, Types of production: industry – Extractive manufacturing and constructive industry. Commerce- Trade, Aids to Trade, Services. Effects of Production on the Environment/Society
2. Factors of production: land, labour, capital, entrepreneur and importance of each.
3. Forms of business organization: Types of business organization – Sole Trade/sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability companies, cooperative society, advantages and disadvantages of each forms of business organization
4. Relationship between producers and consumers.
5. Insurance: advantages and disadvantages of insurance
6. Methods of Buying: sample method, inspection method, description method, auction method.
7. Trade: Meaning, Home and foreign trade, visible import and export, invisible import and export.
8. Double entry bookkeeping: meaning of double entry, double entry treatment of asset, double entry treatment of liability, double entry treatment of expenses, meaning of journals, types of journals, meaning of ledgers, classes of ledger, classification of accounts: real, personal and impersonal
11 – 12 Examination
• Double Entry Book-keeping
• Journals; Ledgers; Classification of Accounts
• Introduction to Keyboarding
• Parts of a Computer Keyboard
• Care of the Computer; Correct Keyboarding Techniques
• Home Row Keys (Keyboarding Applications)
• Alphanumeric Keys (Keyboarding Applications)
• Basic Service Keys (Keyboarding Applications)
• Correct Spacing and Punctuation Marks (Keyboarding Applications)
• Business Studies Upper Basic 7 Third Term Examination (Mock)