SS1 Chemistry Scheme of Work for Second Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Revision/Introduction to the mole concept: Molar volume of gases, Avogadro’s number, Percentage of element in a compound.
Writing and Balancing Chemical Equations.
2-3. Stoichiometry of Reactions: Calculation of Masses of Reactants and Products,
Calculation of Volume of Reacting Gases.
Empirical and Molecular formulae.
4-5. Chemical Laws and their Verification: Law of Conservation of Mass, Law of Constant Composition, Law of Multiple Proportion.
6-7. Chemical Combinations: Electrovalent Bond: Properties of Electrovalent
Compounds, Covalent Bond: Properties of Covalent Compounds. Other Types of Bonding
8-9. TheKinetic theoryof Matter and the Gas Laws: Boyle’s Law, Charles’ Law, Ideal Gas Equation, Dalton’s Law of Partial Pressure.
10. Avogadro’s law, Gay-Lussac’s Law of Combining Volumes, Graham’s Law of Diffusion.
• New Chemistry for Senior Secondary School by Osei Yaw Ababio; U.T.M.E Past Questions and Answers.
• Practical Chemistry for Senior Secondary Schools by Godwin Ojokuku
• Outline Chemistry for Schools & Colleges by Ojiodu C.C.
• Chemistry Pass Questions for S.S.C.E and UTME.