JSS1 Christian Religious Studies Scheme of Work for First, Second and Third Term: These lesson notes cover the following topics.
The Sovereignty of God.
2 The Creation Story.
3 The Destiny of Man in God’s Creation.
4 Man’s Power in Creation.
5 Marriage: The Christian Marriage.
6 Problems in Marriage: Divorce, Infertility.
7 Disobedience: The First Human Disobedience.
8 Consequences of Disobedience.
9 The Call to Repentance.
10 Paul and the Civil Authority.
• Ilesanmi Christian Religious Studies for JSS Bk 1 TundeErumeobaet’al
• Christian Religious Knowledge for J.s.s Bk1 by I. OAdeyemo
• Christian Religions Education for J.S.S. Bk 1 by Adeyinkaet’al
• R.S.V Bible
• Christian Religious Education for J.S.S Bk 1 by T.W.O Mar-coopomeet’al
1. Revision of first term work.
2. Relationship in Family: (a) Meaning and Types of Family (b) Recognition of family members.
(c) Different roles of members of the family Eph. 6: 1-9; 5:21-33. Col. 3:18-21. I Pet. 3:1-7.
(d) Concept of good family name. Pro. 22:1. Eccl 12:1
3. Relationship in school:(a) Names of members of the school (school principal, subject teachers,
house masters/mistresses, prefects, etc) (b) choosing friends at school (factors – common
interest, age, religion, etc)
4. Relationship at school: (c) Friendship between David and Jonathan. 1 Sam 18:1-5.
(d) Bad friendship leads to cultism, stealing, drug addiction, prostitution, lesbianism,
homosexual, smoking, drinking, laziness, truancy etc. Pro. 1:10; 2 Thess. 3:6-13
5. Relationship in the community: (a) Identification of the names of community leaders
(b) Ways of sustaining relationship in the community – Respect for elders and leaders,
obeying the laws of the land, participation in community development programs caring
for the needy, religious tolerance, etc Matt. 25:31-46.
6. Relationship in the Church (c) Identification of the names of church leaders (d) Relationship
in the church i. love your Christian brothers and sisters etc. Rom 12:9-21. ii. Maintaining
relationship in the church 1 Peter 3:8-13. Rom 13:1-7. (e) Field trip (pay visit to an orphanage
within the locality of state).
7. Relationship with God (a) Prayers as means of communicating with God (b) Relating with
God through prayer, reading the Bible, worshipping God, praising etc. Luke 6:9-13.
8. Relationship with God: (c). Ways God talks to us i. our parents, the Bible (His word),
our church leaders like Priests and Pastors, teachers etc. (d) Ways of maintaining good
relationship with God i. loving one another ii. Daily prayer and living a holy life
iii. Worshipping God and doing good. iv. Reading the Bible daily v. forgiving one another
9. Call to Obedience: (a) meaning of obedience (b) Abraham obeys God’s call (c) Blessings from
obeying God’s call. Gen 12:1-9
10. Call to obedience: (d) Abraham demonstrates his obedience i. the birth of Isaac Gen 21:1-8
ii. The ‘sacrifice’of Isaac Gen 22:1-19.
11&12 Revision and Examination
1. Call to Freedom
2. Political Freedom for the Israelites
3. Deborah and Barak
4. Eminent Nigerians Obtained Freedom for Their People
5. Other Eminent Nigerians: Human Right Society
6. Call to Repentance: Paul, David
7. Call to Repentance: John the Baptist, The Prodigal Son
8. Living in a Community under God’s Law
9. God’s Law in the Old Testament
10. God’s Law in the New Testament
• Ilesanmi Christian religious studies for JSS.Bk1 TUNDE ERUMEOBA ET’AL.
• Christian religious Knowledge for JSS.Bk1 by I.O ADEYEMO.
• Christian religious education for JSS.Bk1 by ADEYINKA ET’AL.
• Christian religious education for JSS.Bk1 by T.W.O QUARCO-OPME ET’AL.
• Holy Bible [ R.S.V].