SS3 Christian Religious Studies Scheme of Work for Second Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. THE HOLY SPIRIT AT PENTECOST
i. The Promise of the Holy Spirit Acts. 1: 8.
ii. The Coming of the Holy Spirit Acts 2: 1-13.
iii. Peter’s sermon. Acts 2: 14-41
2. MISSION TO THE GENTILES
i. Saul’s conversion Acts 9: 1-19
ii. The reaction of the Jews to Saul’s conversion. Acts 9:20-30
iii. iii The significance of Saul’s conversion.
3. MISSION TO THE GENTILES
i. Peter’s ministry in Lydda and Joppa Acts 9:32-42
ii. Peter and the Gentile converts. Acts 10: 1-48, 11: 1-18
4. OPPOSITION TO THE GOSPEL MESSAGE
i. Arrest and imprisonment of the Apostles. Acts 4: 1-31, 5: 17-42
ii. Opposition against Stephen. Acts 6:8-15; 7: 1-10
5. OPPOSITION TO THE GOSPEL MESSAGE
i. Saul’s opposition to the Gospel. Acts 9: 1-3
ii. Herod’s opposition to the Gospel. Acts 12:1-24
iii. How the Church prevailed over opposition
i. Meaning of HIV/AIDS
ii. How people can be infected by HIV/AIDS and symptoms.
iii. Prevention of HIV/AIDS
iv. Cure for HIV/AIDS (People who are sick, Jesus cared for them. Jn. 4:46-54; 5:1-8; 9:1-7).
7. Revision and Examination.
• Essential Christian Religious Knowledge for SS1 – 3 By Edmond Ugochukwu
• Comprehensive Christian Religious Knowledge for SS 1- 3 By Martins I. Amaechi
• RSV Bible (Compulsory)
• WAEC PACK