JSS2 Civic Education Scheme of Work for First, Second and Third Term: These lesson notes cover the following topics.
– Examples of people of integrity into society
– NEED FOR PEOPLE OF INTEGRITY IN THE SOCIETY
4 Effect of lack of contentment on the society
– Consequences of discipline-
6 – Respect for rules and regulation
– Consequences of disobedience
– Effects of discipline
Attributes of courageous persons
8 Courageous persons in the society
Nigeria As A Federation
– Meaning of a federation
– Needs for a federation
10 – Characterises of federation
Problems of Nigeria of federation
Sharing power between central and state government
1. Protection of the Rule of law(a) Meaning of the rule of law. (b)The Rule of law e.g. equity before the law, all laws must be obeyed by all citizens, etc. (c) Protection of the rule of law (legal process, independent judiciary, equity, justice, fair-play, good governance etc.
2. Voters Education: (a) Meaning of voting. (b) Voter’s registration. (c) Importance of voting. (d) The process of voting.
3. Elections: (a) Meaning and importance of elections. (b) Electoral bodies: INEC/SIEC, National, State government. (c) Need for free and fair elections. Electoral Malpractices in Nigeria and how to prevent them.
4. The Current Nigerian Constitution: (a) Meaning of Constitution. (b) Sources of the Nigerian Constitution. (c) Features of the Nigerian Constitution (e.g title, preamble, etc)
5. Role of Citizens in Constitution Development: (a) The Process of constitutional development (b) The Role of citizens in constitutional development (voting e.g electing representatives to the National Assembly or constitutions drafting committees, or being voted for, sending memorandum to National Assembly, etc.
6. National Security: (a) Meaning of national security. (b) Role of citizens in maintaining national security vigilance, supplying information to security agencies on potential threats, remaining law abiding displaying patriotism, etc
7. National Security: (a)National Security Agencies (a) Military (b) Para-Military services (SSS) (c) Civil Defense, etc (d) Police (e) State Security (SSS), (f) Immigration Service etc.
8. Intensive Revision
9. Intensive Revision
1 Elections and Voters’ Responsibilities.
2 Elections and Voters’ Responsibilities.
3 Qualification for Registration for Election in Nigeria.
4 Qualification for Registration for Election in Nigeria.
5 Electoral Malpractices.
6 Electoral Malpractices.
8 Revision of First Term work.
9 Revision of Second Term work.
10 Revision of Third Term work.