JSS2 Civic Education Scheme of Work for Second Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Protection of the Rule of law(a) Meaning of the rule of law. (b)The Rule of law e.g. equity before the law, all laws must be obeyed by all citizens, etc. (c) Protection of the rule of law (legal process, independent judiciary, equity, justice, fair-play, good governance etc.
2. Voters Education: (a) Meaning of voting. (b) Voter’s registration. (c) Importance of voting. (d) The process of voting.
3. Elections: (a) Meaning and importance of elections. (b) Electoral bodies: INEC/SIEC, National, State government. (c) Need for free and fair elections. Electoral Malpractices in Nigeria and how to prevent them.
4. The Current Nigerian Constitution: (a) Meaning of Constitution. (b) Sources of the Nigerian Constitution. (c) Features of the Nigerian Constitution (e.g title, preamble, etc)
5. Role of Citizens in Constitution Development: (a) The Process of constitutional development (b) The Role of citizens in constitutional development (voting e.g electing representatives to the National Assembly or constitutions drafting committees, or being voted for, sending memorandum to National Assembly, etc.
6. National Security: (a) Meaning of national security. (b) Role of citizens in maintaining national security vigilance, supplying information to security agencies on potential threats, remaining law abiding displaying patriotism, etc
7. National Security: (a)National Security Agencies (a) Military (b) Para-Military services (SSS) (c) Civil Defense, etc (d) Police (e) State Security (SSS), (f) Immigration Service etc.
8. Intensive Revision
9. Intensive Revision