JSS1 Cultural and Creative Arts Scheme of Work for Second Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Revision of work done in first term.
2. Introduction to Local Craft – Basic Concepts: (a) Definition of local craft (b) Types of materials for making craft. (c) Tools and Equipment for making local craft: (i) Paper work (ii) Tie dye (iii) Batiks (iv) Basketry. (d) Crafts and Localities: (i) Blacksmithing – Awka, Lokoja. (ii) Weaving – Akwete, Oyo, Abeokuta, Okene, Tiv. (iii) Scupture – Oyo, Benin (iv) Dyeing – Maiduguri, Lagos, Abeokuta. (v) Leather work: Kano, Sokoto. (vi) Bread work: Nasarawa, Benin, Ekiti, Bida. (Animal horn: Sokoto, Bauchi, Borno, Kano.
3. Introduction to Tie and Dye: (a) Meaning. (b) Types of Tie and Dye Design: tying, folding, clamping. (c) Materials and tools for Tie and Dye. Fabric-Medium, Dyes – Colouring, Chemical-fixers, Plastic basins-bath, Spatula-turning, Glove for protection, Twine for tieing, (d) Making of designs and furnishing process.
4. Modeling: Production of Models with Paper: (a) Meaning of paper mash (b) Materials and tools for making paper mash (c) Method of Making Paper mash (d) Uses.
5. Making of Models with Paper folding technique: (a) Meaning of paper folding technique (2) Materials and tools for paper folding technique (c) Method of paper folding (d) Uses of paper models.
6. Production of Beads: (a) Definition of beads (b) Production of beads: (i) Roll paper beads (ii) Straw beads (iii) Seed d. Bottle (iv) bottle tops/cover beads. (c) Uses of beads.
7. Production of Collage Using paper: (a) Making of paper cpllage (b) Uses of paper collage.
8. Mosaics: (a) Meaning of mosaics (b) Materials and tools in making mosaics – different objects like broken bottle. Broken beads, seuins. – pen, pliers, knife, paint brush, scissors, Newspaper, Ruler, Paper different colour, Glue.
9. Mosaics: (c) Uses of mosaics – jewelry, Flower vase, Greeting cards, Masks, Wall decorations, (d) Mosaics project, e.g. necklace pendant wall decoration.