JSS2 English Language Scheme of Work for Third Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Speech work – Revision of Second Term Work and Examination Questions, Present Tense; Speechwork: Consonant Contrast /p /, /d/, /b /, /t/.
2. Grammar: Question Tags: Comprehension. The Search for Honey p. 168. Vocabulary Development on Speaking 168. Writing: Letter to a Friend p 175. Literature in English: Sunrise Poetry.
3. Grammar: Uses of the Form of the Verb Have; Vocabulary Development: Preparation for the Reading Passage p 181. Reading: Parents Responsibilities. Writing: Pride Goes before a Fall. Speech Work: Distinguishing /ʧ/ and /∫ /, p.185 Literature: The Love of Mathematics.
4. Grammar: Synonyms;. Writing: The Responsibilities of Government. Listening Comprehension: Main Points of a News Broadcast p 185. Speech Work: / p/, /d/, /k/ and /t/ ; Vocabulary Development: Words to do with Human Rights ; Literature: Inspiration
5. Grammar: Antonyms; Speech Work: Distinguishing the Consonants Sounds /w/and /j/; Vocabulary Development: Broadcasting; Comprehension: Ndifon’s Complaint p 193. Writing: Letter to a Pen Friend p 201. Literature: Exam Focus p. 180
6. Comprehension: Description of Calabar p.207; Speechwork: Vowel Contrast /u/ and /u:/; Vocabulary Development: Conflict Resolution;Grammar: Use of the Causative erb(ii) The Use of ‘s, and s’ and of. Writing: Description of One’s Village, Town or Area p 217. Literature: Dear African P 183, Exam Focus.
7. Speechwork: Vowels: /Ɔ/, /ɒ/, /˄/; Listening Comprehension: An Account of a Fire Outbreak pg 212. Structure: Adjective; Writing: A Journey 1 Once Made; Vocabulary Development: Armed Forces.
8. Grammar: Review of Prefix and Suffix; Speech Work: Revising the Sounds /a:/ and/ ǽ/; Writing: An account of an Outing for a School Magazine p. 228. Comprehension: An Account of a School Outing. Vocabulary Development: Government and Politics.
9. Speechwork : Consonants /dӠ/, /Ӡ/; Grammar: Using Despite and Inspite of, Vocabulary Development: Law and Order p. 126; Writing: Review of Narrative and Descriptive Essays.
• Effective English JSS 2 by Evans
• Exam focus for JSCE by BolajiAremo et al
• The New Student’s Companion by Up et al
• English Grammar for JSS by P.O. Olatunbosun
• College Essays for Basic 8 by C.O. Odetula
• Sunrise Poetry by OlusolaFadiya