SS3 Food and Nutrition Scheme of Work for First Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Revision/ art of entertainment
– Being a good host/ hostess
– Being a good guest
– Table setting: formal and informal table setting
2. Types of party: house warming, naming, birthday etc.
– Food for special occasions e.g. cocktail, buffet, luncheon etc.
3. Food service e.g. table service, family service, foreign service, buffet service etc.
4. Practicals on food for special occasion and food services.
5. Cultural food habit.
– Meaning of food habits and taboos
6. Traditional dishes from different localities e.g. Yoruba, Hausa, and Igbo etc.
7. Practicals on traditional dishes.
8. Foreign dishes e.g. Indian, European etc.
9. Practicals on foreign dishes.
10. Rechauffe (left over foods)- meaning, uses
– Reheating of left over foods.
– Identify storage facilities for left over foods