SS2 Government Scheme of Work for Second Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Colonialism- Both Positive and Negative Impacts.
2. Nationalism- Meaning, Factors that Led to the Rise and Growth of Nationalist Movement in West Africa.
3. Nationalism- Factors that Increased Nationalist Demand after World War 11, Factors Responsible for Slow Nationalist Activities in French West Africa Colonies.
4. Constitutional Development in Nigeria- The Nigerian council of 1914, The National Congress of British West Africa.
5. Clifford Constitution of 1922- Features, Merits and Demerits; Richard’s Constitution of 1946-Features, Objectives, Achievement, Weakness and Criticism.
6. The Macpherson Constitution of 1951- Features, Achievements and Weakness; London and Lagos Constitutional Conference of 1953 and 1954 Respectively.
7. Littleton’s Constitution of 1954- Features, Achievements, Weakness.
8. London Constitutional Conference of 1957 and Lagos Constitutional Conference of 1958.
9. Independence Constitution of 1960- Features, Achievements and Weakness.
10. Republican Constitution of 1963- Features, Merits and Demerits.
11. The Second Republican Constitution of 1979- Historical Background, Features, Merits and Demerits;the Differences between 1963 and 1979 Constitution.
12. Revision and Examination.
• Essential Government by C.C. Dibie.
• Comprehensive Government by J.U. Anyaele.