JSS3 Home Economics Scheme of Work for First, Second and Third Term: These lesson notes cover the following topics.
1. INTRODUCTION TO TEXTILES STUDY
2-3. CLASSES AND PROPERTIES OF FIBRES
4-6. CARE AND HANDLING OF DIFFERENT FABRICS
7. THE BASIC ELEMENTS OF DESIGN
8. DRESSES FOR DIFFERENT OCCASIONS
9. THE SEWING MACHINE / TYPES
10. SEWING MACHINE FAULTS, CAUSES AND REMEDIES
1. Garment construction processes (A) Arrangement of fullness. (B)Opening. (C) Fastening (D) Making a simple baby dress.
2. Scientific study of food nutrients; (B) Simple food tests,`(C ) Effect of heat on food.(moist and dry heat).
3. Meal Planning; (A) Factors that influence meal planning (B) Guidelines for meal planning. (C ) Meals for different groups. (D) Menu card.
4. Buying preservation and storage of food; (A) Factors to consider when buying food. (B) Wise buying (C) Food preservation methods. (D) Food storage methods.
5. Kitchen Equipment and utensils; (a) Factors to consider in choosing food preparation equipment and utensils.
6. Food Preparation and Methods; (A) Food preparation (Cooking) methods. (b) Guidelines for use of cooking d. methods.
7. Food preparation Methods; (c) Procedures for use of cooking methods. (D) Preparation of simple dishes.
8. Marriage; (a) Relationship- Unhealthy Boy/Girls relationship. (b) Courtship practices. (C) Factors to consider before marriage.
9. Marriage; (d) Marriage systems and ‘procedures in Nigeria. (e) Disadvantages of early marriage.
10. Pregnancy and child birth; (a) Pregnancy and it signs.(b) Ante-natal post-natal care. (c) Preparation for child birth, e.g. layette.
- FAMILY LIVING
- PREGNANCY/CHILD BIRTH
- CHILD DEVELOPMENT
- CHILD CARE IMMUNIZATION
- FOOD PRESERVATION AND STORAGE
- KITCHEN EQUIPMENT/UTENSILS
Home Economics for JSS 1 – 3 by Elizabeth U. Anyakoha pg 341-358.