JSS3 Music Scheme of Work for First, Second and Third Term: These lesson notes cover the following topics.
1. Revision exercise
2. Construction of scale a flat, d flat and g flat
3. Minor, Augmented and Diminished interval
4. Simple And Compound Time
5. Terms And Signs
6. Life And Works Of Franz Schubert And Sam Akpabot
7. Melody Writing
8. Musical Forms
1. Revision of last term’s work.
2. Voice Classifications: The human voice (Range & Compass of Voice).
3. Types of Choirs: Children’s Choirs, Female Choirs, Male Choirs, mixed Choirs.
4. Triads and Chords (Primary & Secondary): Meaning of “Triad” and “Chord”, Building of Triads, Triads built on the Degrees of C Major, Secondary Triads.
5. Triads of Major and Minor keys, Inversion of Triads: Triads of Major keys, Triads of minor keys, Inversion of Triads.
6. Transcription: Meaning, Transcription-Staff to Sol-fa Notation.
7. Clef Transposition-(1) Transposing a melody an Octave Higher (2) Transposing a melody an Octave Lower.
8. History of Music: Some Nigerian Art Musicians (Laz Ekwueme, Ayo Bankole, Felix Nwuba, Fela Sowande, Vera Okonkwo, Akin Euba etc.
9. Modulation: Meaning & Types, Modulation to Related keys, Modulation to the Dominant.
10. Cadences: Definition of a Cadence, Kinds of Cadences.
WEEK ONE ————————- REVISION & REVISION EXERCISE
WEEK TWO —————————– MUSICAL PERIODS – BAROUQE, CLASSICAL & ROMANTIC
WEEK THREE ————————— TRASNSCRIPTION FROM STAFF TO SOLFA NOTATION
WEEK FOUR —————————– TRANSPOSITION FROM ONE KEY TO IT DOMINANT
WEEK FIVE—————————— MODULATION
WEEK SIX——————————- TERMS & SIGNS
WEEK SEVEN-THIRTEEN————– REVISION OF PAST QUESTION & EXAMINATION
All practical must be in C & G major scale not less than 8 bars
PRACTICALS: VOICE, PIANO & RECORDER