SS2 Physics Scheme of Work for First Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Position, distance and displacement.
2. Scalar and vector Quantities¬¬-Concept of scalar and vector quantities, vector representation etc.
3. Derivation of equation of linear motion, Motion under gravity, calculation using these equations.
4. Projectiles and its application.
5. Newton Laws of Motion – Conservation of Linear momentum and collision energy.
6. Equilibrium if Forces – principle of moment, conditions for equilibrium of a Rigid Bodies etc.
7. Equilibrium if Forces – centre of gravity and stability, couple
8. Simple Harmonic Motion- definition, speed, amplitude, displacement, acceleration, etc.
9. Simple Harmonic Motion – Energy of simple harmonic motion and forced vibration, Resonance.
10. Machines – Types and Examples
11. Machines – Calculation.