JSS3 Social Studies Scheme of Work for Second Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Revision of last term’s work.
2. National Economy: (a) Meaning of National Economy. (b) Examples of economic activities: (i) Trading (ii) Manufacturing (iii) farming (iv) Fishing, etc.
3. Sectors of the Nigerian Economy: (a) Meaning of a sector of an economy. (b) Sectors of the Nigerian Economy: Public and Private sector e.g. agriculture, mining, finance, industrial, education, etc.
4. Nature of the Nigerian Economy: (a) The nature of the Nigerian Economy: (i) Mono-
Product. (ii) import oriented. (b) Advantages and disadvantages of types of economy. (c) the need for a diversification of the economy.
5. Economic Reform Measures in Nigeria – Privatization, commercialization and deregulation: Meaning of Privatization, commercialization and deregulation
(b) Reasons for Privatization, Commercialization and deregulation
6. Economic Reform Measures in Nigeria- Privatization, Commercialization and deregulation: (c) Advantages and Disadvantages of Privatization (d) problems associated with privatization, commercialization and deregulation- (i) Lack of awareness caused by illiteracy. (ii) Poverty ( people cannot buy shares because they are poor), etc.
7. Economic institutions: Examples of Economic Institution- banks, insurance companies etc), the roles of economic institutions in Nigerians economy.
8. World transportation system: types of transportation ( road, water and air
transport). Differentiate between the transportation systems.
9. World transportation system: advantages of each transport system and impact of
science and technology on world transport systems.