SS3 Further Mathematics Scheme of Work for First and Second Term: These lesson notes cover the following topics.
2. PROBABILITY DISTRIBUTION
Binomial Probability Distribution
Poisson Probability Distribution
3. PROBABILITY DISTRIBUTION (CONTINUATION)
Properties and Area
z – Scores Application.
Definition of Concepts
Resultant of Two Forces
Components Resolution of Forces
5. STATICS – CONTINUATION
Definition of Equilibrium and Condition of Equilibrium of Rigid Body
Application of the Condition to Solve Problems
Lami’sTheorem and Application
6. REVIEW OF WEEK 1 – 5
7. STATICS – CONTINUATION.
Definition of Moment of a Force
Principles of Moments
Application of the Principle in Solving Problems
Coefficient of Friction
Forces Actingon a body.
FURTHER MATHEMATICS PROJECT 3
1. Review of first term`s examination questions and STATIC: Moment of force (2 and 3 forces) acting at a point.
2. STATIC: (i) Polygon of forces (ii) Resolution of forces of friction.
3. MODELLING: (i) introduction to modeling (ii) Dependent and independent variables in Mathematical modeling (iii) examples of some models
4. MODELLING: (I) Construction of model (ii) Methodology of modeling (iii) Application to physical, biological, social and behavioral services.
5. GAMES THEORY: (I) Introduction to games theory (ii) Description of types of games.
6. GAMES THEORY: (i) solution of two person (ii) Zero sum games using pure and minimized strategies (iii) matrix games.
7. To 12 revision and Mock Examination