SS1 Government Scheme of Work for Third Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. I ) Revision and Political participation:
– Meaning, forms, purpose, factors affecting
II) Centralization and decentralization:
– Reasons for its adoption, types, merits and
2. Delegated Legislation:
– Definition, types and reasons
3. Delegated legislation:
– Merits and demerits; control of delegated legislation.
– Meaning, ways of acquiring Citizenship
5 & 6 Citizenship:
– ways of losing citizenship;
– Rights of a citizen: meaning, duties and
Obligation of a citizen in a state.
– Ways of safeguarding citizens’ rights
– Limitations to a citizen’s rights.
– Difference between a citizen and non-citizen
7 political parties :
– Definition, types, features, functions.
– party manifestoes and its importance
8 Party system :
– Definition, types, merits and demerits.
9 Pressure groups:
– Meaning, types, functions, factors that can aid its effective operations.
– Mode of its operation
10 Factors working against the success of
ii) Danger posed by its activities
iii) Comparison between pressure group and
12 & 13 Examination