JSS1 Mathematics Scheme of Work for Second Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
2. Approximation: (a) Degree of Accuracy of Numbers (B) Rounding up of Numbers
(Significant Figures, Decimal Places, Nearest Whole Numbers, Tens, Hundreds and Thousands)
3. Approximation Cont’d: (a)Approximating Values of Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division (B) Quantitative Reasoning (QR)(C) Application of Approximation to our Everyday Activities.
4. Number Base: (a) Number Bases/Expansion of Base Numbers (b) Counting in Base 2 (c) Addition and Subtraction of Two or Three Digits Binary Numbers
5. Number Base (Cont’d): (a)Multiplication of Number in Base 2
Problem Solving on (QR) Related to Conversion and Application.
6. Basic Operations: (a) Addition and Subtraction of Numbers with Emphasis on place Values using Spike or Abacus
7. Review of first half term’s work and periodic test
8. Basic Operations ( Cont’d): (a) Addition and Subtraction of Positive and Negative Integers Using Number Line and Collection of Terms (b) Solving Problems on Quantitative Reasoning and Application
9. Algebraic Processes: (a) Use Of Symbols (i) Open Sentence and Authentic Operation (ii) Word Problems Involving Use of Symbols (b) Identification of Coefficient of Terms; Basic Authentic Operation Applied to Algebraic Expression (c) Collection and SimplificationOf Like Terms and the Use of Brackets.
10. Algebraic Process (Cont’d): (a) Problem Solving on Basic Arithmetic Operations in Algebraic Processes (b) Solving Quantitative Aptitude Problems on the Use of Symbols and Brackets
11. Revision of the Second Term’s Work and Preparation for Examination
New General Mathematics, Junior Secondary Schools Book 1
Essential Mathematics for Junior Secondary Schools Book 1