JSS3 Mathematics Scheme of Work for Second Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Revision of first term work
2. Simple Equations involving Fractions: Simple Equations involving fractions. Word problems leading to simple equations involving fractions
3. Simultaneous Linear equations: Compilations of tables of values. Graphical solution of simultaneous linear equations in two variables.
4. Solution of simultaneous linear equations: Method by elimination and method by substitution.
5. Similar shapes: identification of similar figures-triangles, rectangles, squares, cubes and cuboids. Enlargement and scale factor
6. Use of scale factor in calculating lengths, areas and volumes of similar figures.
7. Trigonometry: the sine, cosine and tangent of an acute angle. Applications of Tri gonometrical ratios to finding distances and lengths
8. Area of plane Figures: Area of plane figures-Triangles, parallelogram, trapezium and circle. Calculations of the areas of lands
9. Construction: Bisection of a segment-using a pair of compasses and a ruler. Bisection of an angle. Construction of angles 900, 450, 600 and 300. Copying giving angles. Solving quantitative reasoning aptitude problems on construction.