SS1 Mathematics Scheme of Work for Second Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Quadratic Equation by (a) Factorization (b) Completing the square method
2. General Form of Quadratic Equation leading to Formula Method
3. Solutions of Quadratic Equation by Graphical Methods:
(a) Reading the Roots from the Graph
(b) Determination of the Minimum and Maximum Values
(c) Line of Symmetry.
4. Idea of Sets:
(a) Universal Sets, Finite and Infinite Sets, Empty Set, Subset
(b) Idea of Notation for Union and Intersection of Sets
5. Complements of Sets:
(a) Disjoints of Null.
(b) Venn Diagramand its Use in Solving Problems Involving two and three Sets Relation to Real Life Situations.
6. Review of the First Half Term’s Work and Periodic Test
7. Trigonometric Ratios
(a) Sine, Cosine, Targentof Acute Angles
(b) Use of Tables of Trigonometric Ratios
(c) Determination of Length of Chord
(d) Using Trigonometric Ratios
(e) Graph of Sine and Cosine for Angles 0o = x
8. (a) Application of Sine, Cosine and Tangent, Simple Problems with Respect to Right Angle Triangles.
(b) Angles of Elevation and Depression
(c) Bearing and Distances of Places Strictly Application of Trigonometric Ratio.
9. (a) Introduction of Circle and its Properties
(b) Calculation of Length of Arc and Perimeter of a Sector
(c) Area of Sectors and Segments. Area of triangles
(a) Simple True and False Statements
(b) Negative and Contra Positive of Simple Statement.
(c) Antecedents, Consequence and Conditional Statement (implication)
• New General Mathematics SSS 1 M.F. Macrae et al
• WABP Essential Mathematics For Senior Secondary Schools 1 A.J.S Oluwasanmi