SS3 Mathematics Scheme of Work for First Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Theory of Logarithms: Laws of Logarithms and application of Logarithmic equations and indices
2. Surds: Rational and Irrational numbers; basic operations with surds and conjugate of binomial surds
3. Application of surds to trigonometrical ratios. Draw the graphs of sine and cosine for angles 00< x < 3600
4. Matrices and Determinant: Types, order, Notation, basic operations, transpose, determinants of 2 x 2 and 3 x 3 matrices, Inverse of 2 x 2 matrix and application to simultaneous equation
5. Linear and Quadratic Equations: Application, one linear-one quadratic, word problems leading to one linear-one quadratic
6. Surface areas and volume of spheres and hemispheres (solid and hollow sphere and hemisphere)
7. Longitude and Latitude: Identification of longitude and latitude, North and south, meridian, equator. Calculation of length of parallel of latitude.
8. Longitude and Latitude: Calculation of distance between two points on the latitude, longitude, time or speed of aircraft
9. Arithmetic Finance: Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Annuities, Depreciation and Amortization
10. Revision of the term’s work
• New General Mathematics for SS book 3 by J.B Channon
• Essential Mathematics for SS book 3
• Mathematics Exam Focus
• Waec and Jamb past Questions