JSS1 Music Scheme of Work for First, Second and Third Term: These lesson notes cover the following topics.
Week 1: leaning the national and school anthem
Week 2: sound ,characteristics and quality
Week 3: definition , importance and types of music
Week 4: the musical staff, clef and clef signs
Week 5: naming the staff
Week 6: the grand/great stave
Week 7: life and works of w.a mozart and dayo dedeke
Week 8: classification of african musical instruments
Week 9: the italian or musical terms
1. Revision of 1st Term work/ Dance patterns: Definition of Dance patterns.
2. Poem: Writing of Text, Writing simple Tunes, Singing in Groups.
3. Rhythm: Definition and Development of Rhythm.
4. Folk songs: Description of folk music songs. Western Fork songs. Nigerian folk songs, Singing of folk songs.
5. Recorder Music: Description 0f the Recorder ,The Recorder family, Holding the Recorder.
6. Playing the recorder: Fingering the Recorder, playing the Recorder, Fingering for the right hand.
7. Musical Alphabets: Musical Alphabets_ A,B,C,D,E,F,G.
8. Clef: Definition of Clef, kinds of Clef. G Clef or Treble Clef, F Clef or Bass clef.
9. Staff: Definition of Staff, Letter names of Lines and spaces [Treble Staff] and[ Bass Staff].
10. Great Staff: Description of Great staff or stave. Letter names of lines and spaces. Great stave and the key board.
Week one – revision of the last term works
Week two – dotted not and rest
Week three – rhythm
Week four – construction of scale d, a and e major
Week five – practicals – singing/recoder/piano
Week six – key signature of g, d, a and e
Week seven – time signature – simple and compound
Week eight – life and works of j.s bach and akin euba
Week nine – introduction to interval