JSS2 Music Scheme of Work for Second Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Revision of work done in First Term.
2. African Musical Instruments- Classification- Idiophone, Aerophone, Chordophone and Membranophone.
3. Keyboard Setting- Tones and Semitones, Enharmonic Notes.
4. Western Musical Instruments-Types and Classifications.
5. Intervals-Definition,Kinds-Major and Minor.
6. Intervals-Perfect, Augmented and Diminished.
7. History of Music 1- Some Nigerian Art Musicians- Echezona, Akin Euba, Nzewi, T. K. E. Philips and Sam Ojukwu.
8. Triads and Chords- Definition, Composition, Types-Primary (Major) and Secondary (Minor)
9. Triads- Triads of Major Keys with Sharps and Flats. Inversion of Triads of Major Keys (Sharp and Flat Keys).
10. Time Signature. Simple and Compound.