JSS3 Music Scheme of Work for Second Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Revision of last term’s work.
2. Voice Classifications: The human voice (Range & Compass of Voice).
3. Types of Choirs: Children’s Choirs, Female Choirs, Male Choirs, mixed Choirs.
4. Triads and Chords (Primary & Secondary): Meaning of “Triad” and “Chord”, Building of Triads, Triads built on the Degrees of C Major, Secondary Triads.
5. Triads of Major and Minor keys, Inversion of Triads: Triads of Major keys, Triads of minor keys, Inversion of Triads.
6. Transcription: Meaning, Transcription-Staff to Sol-fa Notation.
7. Clef Transposition-(1) Transposing a melody an Octave Higher (2) Transposing a melody an Octave Lower.
8. History of Music: Some Nigerian Art Musicians (Laz Ekwueme, Ayo Bankole, Felix Nwuba, Fela Sowande, Vera Okonkwo, Akin Euba etc.
9. Modulation: Meaning & Types, Modulation to Related keys, Modulation to the Dominant.
10. Cadences: Definition of a Cadence, Kinds of Cadences.