SS3 Physics Scheme of Work for First Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Electromagnetic Spectrum: Propagation, Detection and Uses
2. Gravitational Field: Law, Gravitational Potential, Escape Velocity, Potential Energy in Gravitational Field.
3. Electric Field: Coulombs Law, Electric Field Intensity, Electric Potential, Capacitor and Capacitance.
4. Electric Cells: Primary and Secondary Defects of Simple Cells. Cells in Series and Parallel.Electrolysis: Electrolytes, Electrodes, Ions, Faraday’s laws.
5. Electrical Measurement of Resistance: Resistivity, Conductivity, Conversion of galvanometer to ammeter and Voltmeter, Methods of Measuring Resistance.
6. Magnetism: Magnets and Magnetic Materials, Magnetization, Demagnetization, Magnetic Flux, Earth Magnetic Field.
7. Electromagnetic Field: Magnetic Field around Current Carrying Conductors- Straight Conductor, Circular Conductor, Solenoid, Applications of Electromagnets-Electric Bell, Telephone Ear Piece.
8. Electromagnetic Field: Force on Current Carrying Conductor in a Magnetic Field, Fleming’s Left Hand Rule, Application– DC. Motor, Moving Coil Galvanometers.
9. Electromagnetic Induction(i):Induced Current, Laws of Electromagnetic Induction, Flemings Right Hand Rule,Induction Coil.
10. Electromagnetic Induction(ii):Application in A.C and D.C. Generator, Transformer, and Power Transmission.
• New School Physics by Prof. M.W Anyakoha
• New System Physics by Dr. Chow.et.al
• WAEC Past Questions Pack
• UTME Past Question Pack
• Masters Physics Practical Manual