JSS1 Agricultural Science Scheme of Work for First, Second and Third Term: These lesson notes cover the following topics.
1 Meaning and Importance of Agriculture.
2 Importance of Agricultural contd.
3 Historical Development (Evolution) of Agriculture.
4 Areas/Branches of Agriculture I.
5 Areas/Branches of Agriculture II.
6 Forms of Agriculture I.
7 Forms of Agriculture II.
8 Crop Plant Forms.
9 Classification of Crops Based on Lifecycle.
10 Classification of Crops Based on Uses.
• Prescribed Agricultural Science for Junior Secondary Schools , Book 1, by S.A Omoruyi et al.
• Junior Secondary Agriculture for Nigerian Schools, Book 1, by Anthony Youdeowei et al.
1. Classification of crops based on the life cycle
2 Classification of crops based on uses (a) food crops (b) oil, spices, latex beverages, fibre ,etc. (c) As sources of nutrient: Carbohydrates, proteins, fat/oil, minerals and vitamins
3. Ecological distribution of crops/factors affecting distribution of crops in Nigeria (Map of Nigeria required).
4. Forms of farm animals e.g. work animal, diary animal, guard animal, poultry bird ,etc.
5. Forms of farm animals (cont’d)
6. Classification of farm animals based on-Habitat-Aquatic and terrestrial, Mammals and Non-Mammals.
6. Classification of farm animals based on Digestive system-Ruminants and Non-Ruminants.
7. Characteristics of farm animals e.g. Cattle, Goat, Sheep, Pig, Poultry, Rabbit.
8. Breeds of farm animals, e.g. Cattle, Goat, Sheep, Pig, Poultry, Rabbit.
9. Uses of farm animals – Food, Work, Income, etc.
10. Ecological distribution/ factors affecting distribution of animals in Nigeria.
1. Revision (Weed And Pest Control)
2. Factors of Production (Land)
3. Factors of Production (Labour)
4. Factors of Production (Capital)
5. Factors of Production (Management)
6. Field Trip
7. Farm Manager (Definition and Function)
8. Problems of Farm Managers
1. JUNIOR SECONDARY AGRICULTURAL FOR NIGERIAN SCHOOLS, Book 1, by Anthony Youdeowei et al.
2. ESSENTIAL AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE FOR SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL by O. A. IWENA.