SS3 Biology Scheme of Work for First and Second Term: These lesson notes cover the following topics.
1. Regulation of internal environment, structures and function of the kidney, diseases, effects and remedy.
2. Liver: – Structure, functions and diseases, Skin: – Structure, functions, diseases and care.
3. Hormones: – Location, secretion, function, effects of over-secretion and under-secretion.
4. Nervous co-ordination: – CNS component, structure and functions of the brain and spinal cord
5. The peripheral nervous system and the neurone.
6. Reflex and voluntary actions, conditional reflex.
7. Sensory organs: – Skin as a sense organ, organ of sight (The eye).
8. Organ of hearing, smell and taste.
9. Development of new organisms (Courtship behavior in animals, Stages in development of toad, insects)
10. Development of new organisms (Seeds, fruits in plants, Germination of seeds)
• College Biology by Idodo Umeh
• Modern Biology for Senior Secondary Schools by S.T. Ramlingam
• Essential Biology by M.C Michael
• New Biology by H. Stone and Cozen
• SSCE, past questions and answers
• UME and CAMBRIDGE past questions and answers
• Biology practical text
WEEK TWO/……THE CHROMOSOME
WEEK THREE……/VARIATON AND EVOLUTION
WEEK FIVE……DIFFERENT CASTSES OF TERMITES AND THEIR ROLES
WEEK SIX……THEORY OF EVOLUTIOS