JSS2 Cultural and Creative Arts Scheme of Work for First, Second and Third Term: These lesson notes cover the following topics.
1. The Study of Colours.
2. Elements of Art and Design
3.Principles of Art and Design
4.Design in Theatre
6.Self – Control
7. Voice Training
8. Origin of Music
9. History of Music
10. The Study of Colours (Colour Application)
1. Cultural and Creative Art (New Edition) by Peter Akinyemi& Co-Authors. (Book 1)
2. Cultural and Creative Art (New Edition) by Peter Akinyemi& Co-Authors. (Book 2)
3. Cultural and Creative Art (New Edition) by Peter Akinyemi& Co-Authors. (Book 3)
1ST TERM PROJECTS
1. Construct a typical stage environment using real materials.
2. Produce a colour wheel showing the primary, secondary and tertiary colours.
3. Paint a composition of fruits depicting their local colours.
4. Musical Instruments
5. Painting (Theory andPractical)
6. Review of Scales Construction.
7. Identification of Musical Terms and Signs.
8. Nigerian Art Composers.
• A Proper Approach to Cultural and Creative Art by Peter Akinyemi& other Co Authors (Book 1,2, and 3).
• Modern Approach to Cultural and Creative Arts by G.F. Ibrahim (Book 2).
1. Dye a white cotton fabric of two dye stuffs in tie and dye. (use the circle tie method).
2. Paint a composition of fruits on white cardboard paper.
2. Key Signature
3. Dance as a Career
5. Time Signature
7. Papier Mache
9. Tie- Dye
10. Singing and Recorder Playing
11. Revision / Examination
12. Examination Continues
A Proper Approach to Cultural and Creative Art by Peter Akinyemi and other co-authors.
1. Pattern design work in simple repeat pattern depicting butterfly as the motif.
2. Make acolourful bead that can be worn around the neck.