SS2 English Language Scheme of Work for Third Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Revision of the Last Term’s Examination Questions, Resumption Test,
Revision of Tenses in Grammar
Narrative: My Holiday Experience
2. Conditional Clauses; Complex Sentence
Vocabulary Development: Words Associated with Publishing
Essay Writing: Speech Writing, Meaning and Features
3. Speech Work: Stress Patterns
Structure: Active and Passive Voice
Vocabulary Development: Prefixes
Essay Writing: Article Writing; Explanation and Features
4. Structure: Prepositional Phrase
Vocabulary Development: The Use of Dictionary
Grammar: Rules of Concord
Comprehension: Bullying (pg 84, Countdown English)
5. Speech Work: Stress Placement on Two or More Syllable Words
Essay writing: Story Writing
Comprehension: Reading for the Writer’s purpose
Vocabulary Development: A Manufacturing Industry
6. Summary writing: Agriculture Technical Aid to Africa p.85
Structure: Adjectival Clause
Vocabulary Development: Words Associated with Films and TV
7. Speech Work: Vowels /I/ & /I:/
Essay Writing: Expository: Raising a Total Child
Comprehension: Reading to Identify Sentence Types in a Passage
8. Vocabulary Development: Hotel & Catering
Summary Writing: Summarising to get Implied Meaning
Structure: Prepositional Phrases
9. Comprehension: African Plucked Lutes
Vocabulary Development: Words Associated with Politics and Government
Writing: Essay Writing; Descriptive Essay: A Festival I Like.
10. Structure: Affixation: Suffixes
Speech Work: Nasal Sounds (/m/ /n/ and //)
Comprehension/Register: Vocabulary Associated with Transportation
11. Structure: Clauses- Subordinate and Insubordinate
Speech work: Stress on the 5th and 6th syllable
Comprehension: Reading for Implied Meaning and Interpreting Examples
1. Montgomery et al: Effective English for S.S 2 (Main Textbook) Evans PublishersIbadan.
2. Ogunsanwo et al: Countdown to SSCE Evans Publishers Ibadan.
3. Onuigbo S.M: Oral English for Schools and Colleges Africana Publishers,Enugu.
4. Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 5.WAEC Past Questions.