SS2 Physics Scheme of Work for Third Term: This lesson note covers the following topics.
1. Reflection of light on plane surfaces, laws of reflection, image formation by plane mirror, application of reflection on plane mirror
2. Reflection on curved mirrors-types, images produced, uses and mirror formulae
3. Refraction of light, laws of refraction, effects of refraction, refraction through rectangular prism
4. Refraction through triangular prism, real and apparent depth, total internal reflection, application of total internal reflection
5. Refraction through lenses-types of lenses, image formation in lenses, lens formulae
6. Optical instrument-camera, projector, simple and compound microscope, telescope, human eye, defects and correction of vision
7. Dispersion of white light- production of pure and impure spectrum, colour of objects
8. Sound wave- production, transmission, speed, echo and its application, reverberation, characteristics of sound, forced vibration, resonance
9. Musical instruments
10. Vibration in pipes.
• New School Physics by M.W Anyakhoha
• New System Physics by Dr. Charles Chow.
• SSCE WAEC Past Questions
• UTME Physics Past Questions