JSS2 Business Studies Scheme of Work for First, Second and Third Term: These lesson notes cover the following topics.
|1||The Reception of Office|
|2||Duties of A Receptionist|
|3||Right Attitude to work|
|4||Documents Handled by Receptionists|
|6||Procedures for Handling Incoming Mails|
|9||Aids to Trade|
1. Insurance –Definition, Types and Benefits of Insurance
2. Personal Qualities of an Entrepreneur
3. Business Opportunities-Meaning and Types
4. Consumer Right- Meaning of Consumer rights, Origin of Consumerism, Eight universal consumer right and identifying ways and manners of consumer right on the country at large
5. Responsibilities of a Consumer
6. Shopping Tips-Meaning of needs and wants, making decision about needs and wants, improve buying of needs and wants, After sales services: warranty ,installation, etc
7. Book Keeping-Ethics, Transparency, accountability and Probity. Meaning and Needs for TAP and Attributes of TAP
8. Ledger Entries-Meaning of Ledger and Items in the Ledger,
9. Petty Cash book- Meaning and Columns in a Petty Cash book, Imprest System and Reimbursement
10. Cash Book- Meaning , Types of Cash book
11. & 12 Revision/ Examination
WABP Junior Secondary Business Studies 2 by Egbe Ehiametalor et’al.
1. Printer’s correction signs.
proof readers marks and signs
Uses of each of the signs and marks.
2. Speed Development and Accuracy Skills Alphabetical Sentence drill outline sentence drill Accuracy and speed drills speed burst at one to ten minutes
3. Techniques Development in Keyboarding-math table techniques of wing -the space regulator-description,uses,techniques of uses-Enter key, description, Uses,Techniques of Use
4. Paragraphing: method of paragraphing
5. Page Setting-Different types of page set up-correct page alignment-production of documents
6. Memorandum-meaning, features and format.
7. E-mail: meaning,feature and formatting
8. Office Procedure-meaning, importance and procedure of preparing bill licence
9. Office Equipment-meaning, identification of office equipment types, importance, use and care of office equipment